We know that the most successful education takes place when parents/carers, staff and governors all work together. Parents and carers can be involved with the whole school community in a variety of ways:
- Parent Teacher Association
- Helping with visits & in class*
- Supporting with fund raising events
- Attending curriculum evenings
*Any adult working in our school will need to complete the appropriate police checks.
The school communicates in a variety of ways including:
- Weekly newsletters
- Online information
- Texting service
Please read our Home School Agreement to see how you can help your child at home.
If you have a concern regarding your child(ren) you should speak first to the teacher or a member of the senior leadership team/Headteacher. If you are unhappy with the response please contact Admin@primaryadvantage.hackney.sch.uk who will forward your response to the Executive Principal. If these discussions do not resolve the concern, please visit the making a complaint section of the Hackney Learning Trust website.
Snow/Bad Weather and School Closure
All efforts will be made to open the school on all normal school days even when we have snow and other adverse weather conditions. If the school is not going to open due to either weather or an unforeseen event, a decision will be made by 7.30am and information posted on the school and Local Authority websites.
In the event of the school not opening parents will be kept informed via:
- The school website.
- Text messages will be sent (Please ensure your mobile contact details are up to date).
- The Hackney Learning Trust website.
In the event of weather deteriorating during the day leading to closure of the school:
- Permission for pupils to go home will be sought from parents (Please ensure your contact details are up to date).
- Texts will be sent out to parents. (Please ensure your mobile contact details are up to date.)
- Information will be published on the school website.
If there is an enforced closure of the school and children are unable to gain permission to go home, provision will be made to supervise those pupils until they can be collected at the end of the day.
In the event of bad weather the telephones are likely to be very busy and it is strongly recommended that you access the school website which will be regularly updated.
St John and St James’ School Uniform consists of the following items:
- Grey trousers or black jogging bottoms
- Grey skirts or tunics
- Plain red, white or grey socks or tights
- Red or white polo-shirts, shirts or blouses
- Red sweatshirts with or without the school logo
- Red cardigans with or without the school logo
- Red zip-through fleece’s with the school logo
- Sensible black shoes
- Plain black trainers
During the Summer months, children are also permitted to wear the following items:
- Grey school shorts
- Red and white checked summer dresses
- Black sandals with a strap which fastens securely around the back of the foot or ankle; flip-flops and Crocs are not permitted